Monday, June 26, 2006

Trauma Center: Under the Knife

It was my birthday at the beginning of the month, my friends Cathy and Vana asked me what I wanted as a gift. After thinking about it for a few seconds, I exclaimed: "Trauma Center: Under the Knife for the Nintendo DS!" - "Oh Thomas when will you grow up?" was their first reaction. Now if only you could see their faces after they gave it to me and I confessed that I didn't own a Nintendo DS... "So we just bought you a useless thing???" scowled Cathy. But I was just waiting for the DS lite to come out girls ;)

Enough with the back story. So what is this game about? It makes perfect use of the stylus capabilities of the DS touch screen. You choose among an array of medical equipment and perform demanding operations. Your character is Derek Stiles, a fresh surgeon with no experience in the field other than that of an intern. The game follows an anime like plot and the art is that of a manga. What more could I ask? The operations get really tricky as you advance in the game and you must pay close attention to your patient's vital stats. Those of you with steady hands, get ready to fulfill your parents' dream and become a surgeon!

Images from Trauma Center: Under the Knife for the Nintendo DS

To show you how much this game can mesmerize anyone, my friend Tasos wouldn't even talk to me while trying to cure some aneurysms... You know Tasos, I'll buy the Wii as well, so get ready for some more action when Trauma Center: Second Opinion hits the shelves early 2007!


Images from Trauma Center: Second Opinion for the Nintendo Wii

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin