Sunday, July 01, 2007

Thought #58: chameleon camouflage

I had dried out from crying the day before. Refreshed I moved towards a new hurdle, stumbling on the highroad as I heard the words that pulled the right strings. Choked from guilt and hurt from pain, with a feeling of incompetence and self-loathing. But as I closed in to the task at hand, I gathered as much strength I had left. Social gatherings mean being put to the test. Becoming one with the environment, a chameleon who's mastered the art of blending in. I cling to walls and skirts and others, envelop them and watch as everyone passes me by. Then I process what my eyes see, what I feel and I act accordingly. To what I should and what I shouldn't, though it rarely ever works. I slur and mumble, grump and whine. All the more now.

2 comments:

kanataki said...

κάτι στην μητρική σας?

oni said...

Xaxaxa! M aresei na grafw sta agglika orismena keimena. Einai tragiko, to kserw, alla noiw8w pws merikes lekseis sta agglika mou tairiazoun perissotero k synais8hmata ekfrazontai eykolotera. Isws epeidh sta ellhnika oi lekseis mou fainontai pio wraiopoihmenes kai epithdeymenes k ntrepomai xD I'm bilingual sou leei :P

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin