Saturday, April 01, 2006

V for Vendetta

I went to see this movie tonight and I must say I give it the thumbs up! Totally! Such a nice plot, how couldn't it be, it's based on the Alan Moore graphic novel of the same title! Nice allegoric images and meanings throughout and a visceral and vehement vexation towards volatile violations! Ok, I just made that last part up xD

The fighter for justice V, wearing his Guy Fawkes mask, has his personal agenda. In a futuristic, post-apocalyptic , dystopian setting of London, the vendetta unfolds...

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember, remember, the fifth of November, The gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

Viva la revolution!

4 comments:

Nikos said...

I so want to watch this movie. It seems very fresh and innovating in concept. I am quivering in anticipation about the X-men 3 new sequel the last stand which will end the trilogy -unfortunately-.

Anonymous said...

Viva la revolution! Is that how it was stated in the movie cause, you know, it's wrong! "Viva la revolución" should be better.

oni said...

LOL! Thanks dictionary man :P But I wanted to "merge the cultures". I wasn't sure of the spanish spelling, since I don't know any, so I used english instead for "revolution". Now I know!

Anonymous said...

I'm no dictionary man! I said that you should change your nick to mr.d because then it would stand for Mr. Dictionary! I'm not the one who knows ALL about "mum".LOL
My 'd' stands for sth else. You can ask the monkey if you like...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin