Monday, May 15, 2006

Fahrenheit

Long story short: Had money, wanted Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant, came back with Fahrenheit cause I couldn't find the first one. Yeap, I'm the kind of person who HAS to buy something when he has money, I should restrain that splurging urge of mine.

Is this game worth buying?

Well you don't have to spend a lot of time to complete it, not more than 6 or 7 hours, but the choices and actions you take affect the latter part of the story. It's you who make the progress of this inventive cinematic-thriller, action-adventure game.


There are parts which feel frustrating, so much that you'll want to smash your console and not just your controller and the camera isn't that helpful. I found myself running to walls and towards the exact opposite of where I thought my character would supposedly go. Some other times, the "I flash you push" rhythm actions are annoying too...

The good thing is the story is captivating, based on previously treaded themes but giving a new breath of fresh air. Well it's true for the 2/3 of the story. The last one... well I'll let you figure it out yourself. The soundtrack is great as well, featuring Simone, Badalamenti and Theory of a DeadMan.

So to answer the above question: You'd better rent it. Don't go as far as I did and buy it. Not worth that much...

And another question to anyone who cares: What's up with the Matrix references people? I HATED those sequels... Let go already! Everyone has done it! Sheesh...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin