Monday, March 06, 2006

Crash

Crash... What can I say about this movie? We were awed by the amount of racism going round in America. Then we thought we could see ourselves in those people's situations. I mean, racism is all around us. A veil of protection we throw over ourselves, a garnet of spite, in order to survive. Because the world today is not a peaceful place. Not a paradise. Men and women of different backgrounds and origins, portrayed the real people out there, people we meet every day and scorn if they happen to have a different color. Come to think of it, it was a win for noticing and accepting the difference in others. Not everyone who's different is a criminal. Not everyone who speaks a different language is an enemy. Sometimes friends take the form of people we would never think of. It may not be our country club co-member, it may as well happen to be our gardener. This movie had me riding on the fast lane, lashing me with images I could relate with. All of us can. We don't have to make contact with others only when our cars collide. Highly entertaining as much as teaching.

It was a Crash course of endurance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi oni.Reading your entry made me feel how inadequate my writing is. Especially considering that you writing in a non native English country.I think I already made grammatical error.

Anonymous said...

I'll second that. Oni writes exceptionally!

Anonymous said...

i see today the movie its the best movie of this year...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin